Thales e-Security Privacy Notice
Effective as of April 3, 2017
Thales e-Security (“Thales”) is a leading global provider of data protection solutions. We respect your concerns about privacy. This Privacy Notice applies to the personal information we collect when you use our website and when you use our Customer Services Support Portal and when you otherwise provide your personal information to us.
This Privacy Notice describes what information we collect, why we collect it and what we do with it. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information we collect and how our users and consumers may contact us about our privacy practices.
Consent to Processing and Transfer of Information
By using this website or our Customer Service Support portal or by otherwise providing your personal information to us, you consent to the data practices described in this Privacy Notice and Legal Statement and you expressly consent to the processing of your personal information according to this Privacy Notice. If you are a person who resides outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect may be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using our website, our services, or by providing us with any information, you consent to the collection, processing, maintenance and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other applicable countries in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to, those in the country where you reside or where you are a citizen. We may periodically make changes to this Privacy Notice. It is your responsibility to review this Privacy Notice frequently and remain informed about any changes to it, so we encourage you to visit this page often.
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
- What information we collect.
- How we use the information we collect.
- When and with whom we share information
- The Security of your information
- International data transfers
- Your rights and choices
- Links to Other Websites
- Do Not Track
- Updates to our privacy notice
- How to contact us
What Information we collect and why.
Thales collects personal information when you register on this website to download marketing materials or when you provide information in connection with an online transaction or when you provide information in connection with the use of our Customer Support Portal. Personal information includes names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers or other contact information that relates to an identified or an identifiable person. This information may also be provided by our resellers, distributors and business partners. Thales also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information and the page you request. A “cookie” is a file that websites send to a visitor's computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor's browser or to store information or settings in the browser. This allows Thales to recognize users and avoid repetitive requests for the same information. A “web beacon” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Through these automated collection methods, we obtain “clickstream data,” which is a log of the links and other content on which a visitor clicks while browsing a website. As a website visitor clicks through a website, a record of the action may be collected and stored. Other websites cannot read cookies from our website. Most browsers will accept cookies until you change your browser settings to refuse them.
How we use the information we collect
Thales e-Security uses personal information to help us to deliver services and to identify prospective sales and marketing opportunities. We may also use data for research purposes and to otherwise better understand evolving needs and markets.
When and with whom we share information
- As required by law. - Thales may store and disclose personal information as allowed or required by applicable law, including making disclosures that are necessary or advisable to: (a) protect the rights, safety or property of users of our website or our Customer Services Support Portal, the public, Thales or our suppliers; and (b) conform to legal or regulatory requirements.
- With our business partners and resellers -Thales e-Security may share your information with our website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. In order to transact business, Thales e-Security may share your personal information with a partner that resells or distributes our products. We also work with business partners to provide specific services, such as sending newsletters, invites to events, etc. Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- With unaffiliated third parties. - Under certain circumstances, Thales may choose to trade, sell or rent your personal information with trustworthy third parties. Users who would rather not provide any of the user data requested by our registration process do not need to register with Thales. You can still view much of the content and use some of the services offered by our website without registering. You have the option of opting not to receive our electronic newsletters when registering. If you have already opted-in, you may remove yourself from mailing lists at any time through the subscription management pages or by following the instructions at the end of the e-mails you receive from Thales. You may also opt not to provide certain personal information when registering on the Site.
- On an aggregated basis. - Thales may also provide aggregated statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will not include any personally identifying information.
- Pursuant to a sale or liquidation of our business - We reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation). Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal information you have provided to us in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Notice. Following such a sale or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
The security of your information
Wherever your personal information may be held by Thales e-Security, we intend to take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the personal information that you share with us from unauthorized access or disclosure.
International data transfers
Personal information collected on this Site may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Thales or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities, and by using this website or by using the Thales Customer Service Support Portal, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. Please know that you may revoke your consent at any time by contacting us as provided in this Privacy Notice.
Your rights and choices
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we collect from you, such as how we use the information and how we communicate with you.
Whenever you use our services, we strive to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we’ll work with you to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
To update your preferences or to submit a request, please contact us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section of this Privacy Notice.
Thales may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the sites’ content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of the sites.
We do not intentionally gather personal information about users who are under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
Do Not Track
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many online services, we currently do not alter our practices when we receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a user’s browser.
Updates to our Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will post a notice of the revision date on our Privacy Notice to notify you that a revision will be implemented and the date that the revision will be effective.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences or if you would like to exercise your rights as indicated in the “Your Rights and Choices” section of this Privacy Notice, please contact us by email at email@example.com. You also may write to:
2860 Junction Ave.
San Jose, CA 95134